Current Partnerships for the REM Programme
The UME Graduate School has formed partnerships with the following institutions, with the main aim of providing placements for the REM students during their industry placement:
- GEM Foundation
- European Centre for Training and Research in Earthquake Engineering
- ImageCat, Inc
- World Bank’s Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR)
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN-OCHA)
- Munich Re
- Department of Civil and Natural Resources Engineering, University of Canterbury
- Telecommunications & Remote Sensing Laboratory, University of Pavia
- Center for Disaster Preparedness and Management (CDPM), University of Peshawar
- RMS - Risk Management Solutions
- sarmap SA
- DLR – Earth Observation Center (in collaboration with ZKI - Center for Satellite Based Crisis Information)
The UME School aims to sign Cooperation Agreements with a number of non-academic/institutional partners, to provide a framework for what concerns selection and exchange of Masters candidates, training of young professionals, provision of scholarships, and hosting of industrial placements.
The non-academic partners are requested to undertake one or more of the following:
- Send employees to attend the Masters programmes of the UME School.
- Cover the participating costs (tuition fees and living expenses) of candidates to attend Masters programmes of the UME School.
- Host Masters candidates for one semester, and to assign a mentor to supervise the candidate’s “Industry Project”.
In turn, the UME School will commit to the following:
- Provide tuition and learning support facilities and other services associated with the Masters programmes with reasonable care and skill.
- Provide a member of staff to co-supervise the “Industry Project” of each Masters candidate hosted at the non-academic partner.
- Publicise the cooperation agreements on all relevant material related to the programme (e.g. posters, flyers, website).
- Provide place each year to employees from the non-academic partners for participation on one of the courses.
Any public or private institutions interested in signing such a cooperation agreement with the UME School should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org